Slow Cooker Recipe
Serves 12 (2 sliders per serving)
- 4 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 24 slider buns
- Cut pork shoulder into 6 – 8 pieces.
- Combine paprika, cumin, mustard powder, brown sugar, and salt and mix. Rub spice mixture over pork, turning to coat evenly on all sides.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cider vinegar, tomato paste and 1 cup water to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add pork and cook on high heat setting for 4 hours or low heat setting for 8 hours.
- Shortly before pork is finished, combine coleslaw mix with mayonnaise, white vinegar and pepper.
- Using two forks, shred pork. Add BBQ sauce and stir to coat.
- Spoon pork onto buns and top with coleslaw.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 553 calories, 24 fat, 44 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate (45 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 524 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 grains, 6 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat