Makes 14 servings (1 cookie per serving)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sultana raisins
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅔ cup pumpkin purée (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ cup large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 1 cup oats to a food processor or blender and pulse just until oats are coarsely ground. Do not over-process into oat flour.
- Transfer ground oats to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 cup oats, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, salt and raisins. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together canola oil and pumpkin seed butter. Add honey, pumpkin puree, egg whites and vanilla. whisk until combined.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions of dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheets, with six dough balls per baking sheet. Wet hands with water and gently shape portioned dough into balls*. Gently flatten dough balls to about a ½ inch thickness. Bake for 15 minutes.
*Note: Dough will be slightly tacky. Wetting your hands to flatten the scoops of cookie dough will keep it from sticking.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 150 calories, 6 g fat, 8 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (16 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 92 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein