Makes 10 servings (¼ cup per serving)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid (plus more if needed)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed butter
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Add garlic to a food processor. Pulse until garlic is chopped. Add chickpeas, 2 tbsp reserved liquid, pumpkin seed butter, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Process until it has reached a fine-chopped consistency.
- Drizzle olive oil slowly through the small feed tube while mixture is processing. You may have to stop processing to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl. Continue to process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- If after adding the olive oil the hummus is too thick, you may add more reserved chickpea liquid to adjust consistency. Alternatively, you may also use water, lemon juice, or a combination of the two.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: If you have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, you may use it in place of a food processor. Add all ingredients into the blender and blend until it reaches the desired consistency.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 127 calories, 9 g fat, 4 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate (7 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 224 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein, 1 fat