Makes 4 servings (4 oz. of chicken and 1/2 cup of sauce per serving)
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cup rhubarb, diced (½ inch pieces)
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake uncovered in 375°F oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine rhubarb, water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, stir and let cool.
- Spoon rhubarb sauce over cooked chicken. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes longer.
- Serve and enjoy! Add roasted or steamed vegetables for a balanced plate.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 197 calories, 1.4 g fat, 26.7 g protein, 18.6 g carbohydrate (17.3 g available carbohydrate), 1.3 g fibre, 219 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 4 protein, 0 vegetable, 1 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy