Roasted Cauliflower and Truffle Burger
Makes 4 servings (1 patty per serving)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp shallots, quartered
- ½ cup ivory lentils, cooked and cooled
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cauliflower on one half of a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add shallots to other side of baking sheet. Return to oven and bake cauliflower and shallots for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Chop cooled cauliflower and shallots until finely minced. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, purée lentils and truffle oil until smooth. Add mixture to cauliflower and shallots. Add mozzarella, tarragon, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties until browned on both sides, about 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer patties to a baking sheet and bake until evenly browned and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 105 calories, 5 g fat, 7 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate (5 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 167 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein, 1 vegetable