Makes 4 servings (1 ½ cup per serving)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cups white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine garlic, parsnip, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper into a roasting pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until parsnips are tender.
- Pour the parsnip mix into a food processor or blender along with beans, thyme, lemon juice and broth. Puree until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 286 calories, 4 g fat, 9 g protein, 57 g carbohydrate (46 g available carbohydrate), 11 g fibre, 419 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 2 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy