Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Makes 4 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- ½ cup red bell pepper, quartered
- ½ yellow bell pepper, quartered
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (½ inch)
- 12 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed off
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 tbsp low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp water (optional), to adjust consistency
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms to a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to a foil-lined large baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast until browned and softened, about 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to prepare dressing, combine vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk well to combine. If needed, add water to adjust consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked vegetables with quinoa, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds and dressing. Serve warm.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 189 calories, 8 g fat, 8 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate (19 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 155 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 vegetables, 1 fat