Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups celery, diced
- 1 ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (6.5 oz.) cans chopped clams, undrained
- 3 cups potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups 1% milk
- 2 (3 oz. or 85 g) cans of smoked mussels, drained
- 1 cup of cooked frozen shrimp
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, oregano, and garlic. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, then sprinkle in the flour and mix well.
- Meanwhile, drain the clams while reserving the juices. Pour the clam juice into the vegetables and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and milk. Stir and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add in smoked mussels and frozen cooked shrimp. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 375 calories, 13 g fat, 25 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate (35 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 686 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 1 dairy