Makes 6 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1½ cup diced carrots
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (142 g) baby clams, drained (liquid reserved)
- 4 cups milk (1%)
- 3 cups peeled diced yellow potatoes
- 2 cans (85 g) smoked mussels, drained
- 1 cup cooked frozen shrimp, thawed
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, oregano, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are starting to soften, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to coat vegetables. Reduce to heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved clam juice and bring to a boil.
- Add milk and potatoes, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in smoked mussels and shrimp. Cook just until heated through, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 375 calories, 14 g fat, 28 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate (34 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 679 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat, 1 dairy