Makes 10 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 2 ½ lb. beef round roast
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. ground pepper or to taste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 10 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Trim the roast of excess visible fat.
- Combine basil, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the roast in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle the spices all over the roast, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Pour the wine, water and Worcestershire sauce over the roast into the bottom of the pot. Top the roast with onions and carrots.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is falling apart. When the meat is done cooking, shred and toss in the juices to keep it moist.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 170 calories, 3.3 g fat, 25.3 g protein, 6.5 g carbohydrate (4.7 g available carbohydrate), 1.8 g fibre, 322 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 3 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy