Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 5 servings (1 tortilla + ¾ cup filling per serving)
- 1 ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg (35 g) low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 jar (500 mL) salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- Shredded lettuce or spinach
- Chopped tomatoes
- Black beans
- Avocado or guacamole
- Greek yogurt
- Shredded cheese
- Add chicken to slow cooker and sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning, turning to coat evenly. Add salsa and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 – 8 hours or high setting for 3 – 4 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken. Stir to combine with salsa in slow cooker.
- Spoon mixture down the center of tortillas and add desired toppings. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (without toppings): 351 calories, 7 g fat, 35 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate (32 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fiber, 976 mg sodium
My Viva Servings (without toppings): 2 grains, 5 proteins, 1 vegetable