Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 5 servings (1 tortilla, 3/4 cup filling per serving)
- 1 ½ lb. chicken breasts
- 1 (1.25 oz.) packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of your favorite salsa
- whole grain tortillas or taco chips
- shredded lettuce or spinach
- black beans
- avocado or guacamole
- Greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken and pour salsa on top. Mix and cook on low for 6-8 hours) or high for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken. Stir to evenly distribute salsa throughout chicken.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (without toppings): 201 calories, 3.5 g fat, 30 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate (9.6 g available carbohydrate), 1.4 g fiber, 640 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings (without toppings): 0 grain, 4 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy