Makes 4 servings (1 ½ cups per serving
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juiced and zest
- 8 oz. rice vermicelli noodles
- Cilantro for garnish
- Add all ingredients into the rock pot, except the noodles, coconut milk and lime.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks, return to pot and add coconut milk. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice vermicelli according to package.
- Turn soup heat off, add the lime juice, zest and noodles. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 370 calories, 6 g fat, 28 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate (51 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 653 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 grains and starch, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy