Southwest Egg Muffins
Makes 12 servings (1 egg muffin per serving)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add peppers, onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cheese and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin/omelet comes out almost clean, about 18 – 20 minutes. Note: The eggs will continue to cook for a minute or two after removed from the oven.
- Remove from the muffin cups and serve, or let cool completely and store for another day.
Nutritional analysis per muffin: 103 calories, 7 g fat, 8 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate (2 g of available carbohydrate), 1 g fiber, 105 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein