Makes 12 servings (1 serving per muffin)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup peppers, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease 12 muffin tins with butter or cooking oil or for easier removal, or line with paper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add peppers, onion, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Spoon or scoop into the 12 muffin cups, sprinkling the cheese on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin/omelet comes out almost clean. Note: The omelets will continue to cook for a minute or two after removed from the oven.
- Remove from the muffin cups and serve, or let cool completely and store for another day.
Nutritional analysis per muffin: 103 calories, 7 g fat, 8 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate (2 g of available carbohydrate), 1 g fiber, 105 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 1 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy