Makes 2 servings (4 cups per serving)
- ~24 raw shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Dash of salt
- 6 cups spinach
- ½ cup black beans, cooked
- ½ cup corn kernels, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ½ avocado
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Place shrimp in a steamer basket above boiling water and cover, ensuring shrimp are not submerged in water (dump some water if necessary). Steam until pink
- Once shrimp are pink, move off stove to a medium bowl. Toss in cilanto, lime juice and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Blend well, adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, black beans, corn, red onion, red pepper, and dressing.
- Plate salad on 2 plates and top with cooked shrimp. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 226 calories, 6.8 g fat, 19.2 g protein, 30.4 g carbohydrate (20.1 g available carbohydrate), 10.3 g fibre, 398 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 protein, 4 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy