Makes 2 servings (4 cups per serving)
- 340 g frozen peeled raw shrimp, thawed
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Dash salt
- 6 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ ripe medium avocado
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Cook shrimp in boiling water until pink and opaque. Transfer shrimp to a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked shrimp, cilanto, lime juice and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Blend well, adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, black beans, corn, red onion, red pepper, and dressing. Toss to coat.
- Divide salad between two plates and top with shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 226 calories, 7 g fat, 19 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (20 g available carbohydrate), 10 g fibre, 398 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 4 vegetables, 1 fat