Makes 4 servings (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups unpeeled potatoes, grated
- 6 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- In an 8” non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, bell pepper and grated potatoes, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, water, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently with wooden spatula for about 30 seconds or until starting to set.
- Cook, without stirring, for about 2 minutes or until bottom is golden. Slide omelette onto large plate; invert pan over plate and invert again to turn omelette.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cut omelette into quarters.
Nutritional analysis per one: 216 calories, 10.8 g fat, 15.1 g protein, 16.3 g carbohydrate (13.6 g available carbohydrate), 2.7 g fiber, 140 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy