Spanish Seafood Paella
Makes 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp saffron
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups low-sodium seafood or vegetable broth
- 2 lb/1 kg mixed frozen seafood (fish, prawns, calamari and mussels), thawed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, saffron and paprika and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir well to combine. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Add seafood and snap peas and stir to combine. Cover and simmer until seafood is cooked through and rice is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 408 calories, 10 g fat, 35 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate (39 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 140 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 5 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat