Spicy Pork Stir Fry
Makes 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz. lean cut of pork, cut into strips
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced red pepper
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp sambal oelek (chili paste)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Heat coconut oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add onion, pepper and broccoli. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chili paste, broth, soy sauce, sesame seeds and onion powder, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with cornstarch and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal Prep tip: portion out into four equal servings and refrigerate for up to three days. To re-heat, simply microwave until hot.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 155 calories, 8 g fat, 14 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate (5 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 174 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat