Makes 2 servings (1 kabob per serving)
- 1 package of medium firm tofu (350g)
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. togarashi spice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ cup of red peppers
- ¼ cup of red onion
- Place bamboo skewers into a water bath for at least one hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, or preheat the BBQ on medium-high.
- Combine ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, togarashi and olive oil into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drain and pat dry the tofu. Slice into 8 pieces and put into a plastic bag with the marinade (can leave in marinade from 30 minutes to 2 hours).
- Chop the broccoli, peppers and onions into large chunks.
- Alternate the vegetables and tofu onto the soaked skewers.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, while periodically rotating the skewers.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 323 calories, 19 g fat, 25 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate (12 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 299 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 0 grains and starch, 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy