Makes 2 servings (1 kabob per serving)
- 1 pkg (350 g) medium firm tofu
- 1 tbsp fresh roughly chopped ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp togarashi spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- Soak bamboo skewers in warm water for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, or preheat BBQ to medium-high.
- Combine ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, togarashi and olive oil in a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 8 pieces and place in a large Ziploc bag. Add marinade and seal bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Thread vegetables and tofu onto skewers, randomly alternating the order.
- Place skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet (or directly onto BBQ).
- Cook, rotating skewers occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 323 calories, 19 g fat, 25 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate (12 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 299 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat