Spinach, Asparagus and Tomato Omelette
Makes 1 serving
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped asparagus
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites (or another large egg)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach, tomato and asparagus and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cooked vegetables to a small heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat. Whisk egg and egg whites with salt and pepper in a bowl and pour into pan. Cook until bubbles start to form around the edges, then add the cooked vegetables. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook until eggs are set and omelette releases from sides of pan, about 2 – 3 minutes. Gently lift one side of omelette with a spatula and fold in half.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 178 calories, 10 g fat, 16 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 365 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat