Summer Citrus Salad
Makes 4 servings (¾ cup per serving)
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and white pith removed
- 1 orange, peeled and white pith removed
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut grapefruit and orange segments from membrane. Discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine citrus segments, onion, fennel, avocado, shallots, orange zest, orange juice, ginger, vinegar, oil and pepper.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 188 calories, 9 g fat, 4 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 9 g fibre, 94 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 2 fats