Sundried Tomato Hummus
Makes 7 servings (¼ cup per serving)
- 1 can (398 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped drained oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency. If using no-salt-added chickpeas, you may need to add more salt to taste.
- Pair hummus with freshly cut veggies like cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and celery as a fibre-packed snack!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 161 calories, 10 g fat, 6 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate (8 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 220 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein, 1 fat