Makes 7 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients until texture is a smooth dip. Add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency. If using unsalted chickpeas, you may need to add more salt to help brighten the flavour.
- Pair this dip with freshly cut veggies like cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and celery as a fibre-packed snack!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 161 calories, 10.4 g fat, 6.2 g protein, 12.5 g carbohydrate (8 g available carbohydrate), 4.5 g fibre, 220 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 1 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy