Makes 1 serving
- 3 Tbsp. uncooked oat bran
- 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- ½ Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ very ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mug, whisk the oat bran, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until combined.
- Add the egg, banana, and vanilla; stir until well blended. Smooth top of batter and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 30 seconds until the center is just set. Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 345 calories, 13.2 g fat, 14.8 g protein, 50.3 g carbohydrate (42.8 g available carbohydrate), 7.5 g fibre, 167 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 2 protein, 0 vegetable, 1 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy