Sunflower Oat Bran Mug Cake
Makes 1 serving
- 3 tbsp oat bran
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ ripe medium banana, mashed
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mug, combine oat bran, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add egg, mashed banana and vanilla; stir until combined. Smooth top of batter and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high until the center is just set, about 1½ minutes. Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Cooking time may vary according to microwave wattage.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 345 calories, 13 g fat, 15 g protein, 50 g carbohydrate (42 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 167 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 2 proteins, 1 fruit