Makes 6 servings (1 waffle per serving)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seed
- Dash of salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In a blender, combine bananas, canola oil, milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Cook batter in a waffle iron
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 249 calories, 7.3 g fat, 9.2 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate (32.2 g available carbohydrate), 5.8 g fibre, 221 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy