Makes 6 servings (1 waffle per serving)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cup milk (1%)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a blender, combine bananas, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla. Purée until smooth.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Cook in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 249 calories, 7 g fat, 9 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate (32 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 221 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 1 fat