Makes 12 servings (⅓ cup per serving)
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Lightly grease a slow cooker pot with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients inside slow cooker, stirring to evenly coat nuts and seeds.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cook uncovered for 1½ – 2 hours, stirring every 20 – 30 minutes until nuts are coated with glaze.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 166 calories, 6 g protein, 13 g fat, 9 g carbohydrate (5 g of available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 92 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein, 1 fat
Although this delicious snack can easily fit into your meal plan (please see the My Viva Servings above), we understand that you may also want to enjoy it as a treat, which are servings above and beyond your meal plan. Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.