Makes 12 servings (1/3 cup per serving)
- 2 cups raw nuts (almonds/walnuts/mixed nuts)
- ½ cup raw seeds (pumpkin/sunflower)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼-½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Lightly grease slow cooker liner with cooking spray, or line insert with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients inside, stirring to evenly coat nuts and seeds.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cook uncovered for 1½ to 2 hours, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes until nuts are coated with glaze.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 166 calories, 5.8 g protein, 13 g fat, 9 g carbohydrate (5.5 g of available carbohydrate), 3.5 g fibre, 92 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grains, 1 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy
Although this delicious snack can easily fit into your meal plan (please see the My Viva Servings above), we understand that you may also want to enjoy it as a treat, which are servings above and beyond your meal plan. Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.