Makes 4 servings (1 1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup mild curry paste (such as Patak's)
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chickpeas
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups (lightly packed) spinach leaves, chopped
- Heat the canola oil in a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion, apple and ginger and cook until tender, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to slow cooker.
- Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, chickpeas, diced tomatoes and vegetable broth to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the coconut milk and spinach, and let reheat. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 185 calories, 4.3 g fat, 7.4 g protein, 31.8 g carbohydrate (24.3 g available carbohydrate), 7.5 g fibre, 489 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy