Makes 4 servings ( ½ cup of diced chicken, 1 cup of vegetables, ½ cup of rice per serving)
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups brown basmati rice, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Whisk egg in a bowl and add the cornstarch and panko, mix until smooth.
- Add chicken and mix until well coated.
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in a fry pan and add chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through. Once cooked, toss in sweet chili sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat the other half of the vegetable oil in a pan and add the cabbage, carrots and peppers. Cook until cabbage starts to soften.
- Pour in the soy sauce and make sure everything is coated.
- Serve over ½ cup of rice, and top with the chicken, green onion, crushed peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 449 calories, 9 g fat, 28 g protein, 63 g carbohydrate (57 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 335 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 3 grains and starch, 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy