Makes 4 servings (½ cup of diced chicken, 1½ cups of vegetables, ½ cup of rice per serving)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- Whisk egg in a medium bowl and add the cornstarch and panko. Whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken and mix until evenly coated.
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in a frypan over medium heat and add chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through. Once cooked, remove from heat and add sweet chili sauce. Stir to coat chicken evenly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the other half of the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat and add the cabbage, carrots and peppers. Cook until cabbage starts to soften.
- Add soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over ½ cup of rice, and top with green onions, crushed peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 449 calories, 9 g fat, 28 g protein, 63 g carbohydrate (57 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 335 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 4 grains, 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat