Makes 4 servings (½ cup chicken, 1½ cups vegetables, ½ cup rice per serving)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, cornstarch and panko.
- Add chicken and stir until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frypan over medium heat and add chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and add sweet chili sauce, stirring to coat chicken evenly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tsp oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrots and peppers. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over rice, dividing equally. Sprinkle with green onions, crushed peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 449 calories, 9 g fat, 28 g protein, 63 g carbohydrate (57 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 335 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 4 grains, 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat