Makes 4 servings (½ cup filling per serving)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup peeled grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cups whole iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, breaking up with a spatula, until thoroughly cooked, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, and lime juice. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon 1 – 2 tbsp cooked chicken mixture into each lettuce cup. Top with peanuts and cabbage.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 320 calories, 19 g fat, 31 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate (5 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 396 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 4 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat