Makes 5 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 3 lbs. mussels
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1 can (14 oz.) regular fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro
- Wash the mussels in cold water, removing the dead ones. You can tell they are dead if they are open and when lightly tapped, they remain open.
- Heat the canola oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add garlic and ginger, sauté for two minutes.
- Add peppers and tomatoes, continue cooking until tomatoes have soften, about 4 minutes. Add curry paste and coconut milk, stir until well combined and simmering. Add the mussels and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Steam the mussels for 4 minutes until all the mussels have opened. If they do not open up after cooking, discard.
- Remove from heat and drizzle the lime juice over the mussels. Garnish with cilantro, serve and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 255 calories, 17 g fat, 13 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates (10 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fiber, 494 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 2 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 2 fat, 0 dairy