Thai Coconut Curry Mussels
Makes 5 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 3 lb. mussels
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can (400 mL) full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Wash and scrub mussels. Remove any dead mussels (ones that are open and will not close when shells are lightly tapped).
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add mussels and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook until all mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 255 calories, 17 g fat, 13 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates (10 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fiber, 494mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 2 fats