Tomato Basil Soup
Makes 6 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced peeled carrots
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can (796 mL) no-salt-added whole plum tomatoes
- 2 cups canned no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, garlic and dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Add fresh basil, then blend soup in a food processor or blender.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 119 calories, 3 g fat, 5 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 209 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 vegetable