Makes 6 servings (1 ½ cup per serving)
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 cup chickpeas, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can whole tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 ½ cup vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot and add onions.
- Cook until beginning to soften (~5 minutes).
- Add carrots, garlic, cauliflower, and dried basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Then add canned tomato, chickpeas and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add fresh basil, then blend soup in a food processor or blender.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 119 calories, 3 g fat, 5 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 209 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy