Makes 9 servings (1 slice per serving)
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup rep peppers, diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- ¼ salt
- ¼ sugar
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oil
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a pot. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add onions, carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tsp. of oil in a fry pan and add spinach. Allow to wilt.
- Cool the spinach and then mix with ricotta.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package.
- Once all components are done, put a splash of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Then layer ¼ of the lasagna noodles, ½ layer of ricotta mixture, ¼ noodles layer, ½ of the remaining sauce layer; followed by another ¼ noodle layer, then the rest of the ricotta mixture.
- Finish with the rest of the noodles and top with the remainder of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top layer and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove tin foil and cook for 10-15, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 338 calories, 7 g fat, 24 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate (38 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 154 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains and starch, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy