Makes 6 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 3 medium potatoes, peel on
- 1 medium sweet potato, peel on
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups chopped turkey
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth, no salt added
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Wash and chop potatoes and sweet potatoes into large chunks. Heat water in a large pot, add potatoes and sweet potatoes and boil until soft. Once cooked, drain water, mash and set aside.
- In a large pot or pan, heat butter. Add diced onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until onion is soft and clear. Add garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add tomatoes, turkey, thyme, basil, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and heat through.
- In a bowl, whisk together chicken stock and cornstarch. Pour over turkey and vegetable mixture. Cook over medium-high heat until lightly simmering and liquid has thickened to a gravy consistency, and the turkey is cooked through.
- Transfer turkey and vegetable mixture into a large 9” x 13” pan. Spread potato mixture evenly over top of the vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through. If desired, broil for a couple of minutes to lightly brown the potatoes. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis per serving: 310 calories, 8.9 g fat, 21 g protein, 38.2 g carbohydrate (32g available carbohydrate), 6.4 g fibre, 466 mg sodium
My Viva servings: 2 grain, 3 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy