Makes 9 servings ( 1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add turkey and cook completely through.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture along with salt, pepper, thyme, basil, sage and bay leaf.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce has thickened, approximately 10−15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil, add cauliflower and potatoes and cook until very soft.
- Remove pot with cauliflower and potatoes from heat, add butter, and garlic powder. Mash.
- In a 9x12 baking pan, layer the turkey on the bottom, followed by a layer of frozen peas and corn and then top with cauliflower and potato mash.
- Allow to cool, cover and then freeze.
- When ready to eat, place in preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes−1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 213 calories, 11 g fat, 16 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate (10 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 139 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 2 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy