Makes 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 ¼ pounds (567 g) raw ground turkey
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini, squeezed and patted dry to remove some water
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion (1 small yellow onion)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. dried Italian herbs
- ½ tsp. dried basil, crumbled
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup peach preserves
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine turkey, zucchini, carrot, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, basil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and parsley in large bowl and mix well.
- Shape mixture on rimmed baking sheet into 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Stir preserves and mustard in small bowl to blend. Spread glaze over top of meatloaf. Return to oven and bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes longer. Transfer meatloaf to platter.
- Cut into slices and serve with a roasted vegetable and roasted baby potato mix for a balanced plate!
*Meal prep tip: Make ahead of time and freeze for up to three months. To reheat, thaw and return to the oven for 30 minutes, or microwave until desired heat.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 243 calories, 8.6 g fat, 21.6 g protein, 19.6 g carbohydrate (18.3 g available carbohydrate), 1.3 g fibre, 604 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy