Makes 6 servings (1 ½ cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup red lentils (dried)
- 4 cups vegetable stock, no salt added
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and cook until starting to soften.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add the turnip, garlic, salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger, cumin and oregano. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, water, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the lentils and cook until soft, ~5 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and lime juice and stir until combined.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 189 calories, 4 g fat, 9 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 721 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy