Makes 4 Servings (1 1/2 cup per serving)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cup vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Chop the broccoli and separate the large end of the stems from the florets leaving just a bit on the florets to keep them together.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large pot. Add onions and sauté until starting to soften.
- Add the cauliflower, the garlic and the stems of the broccoli. Cook for two minutes then add the vegetable stock. Cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the broccoli florets in the remaining oil and lay onto a baking sheet. Roast in the oven until a little crispy and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, spinach, nutritional yeast and almond milk to the soup and let the spinach wilt.
- Blend the soup portion until smooth then return to stove top and continue cooking until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Once its thick enough, add the broccoli florets
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 95 calories, 3 g fat, 5 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate (10 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 1045 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grains and starch, 0 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy