Makes 4 servings ( 1 1/4 cup per serving)
- 2 cup broccoli,, chopped
- 2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cup kale, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, raw
- 4 Tbsp. tahini
- 4 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Dry the chickpeas thoroughly and then toss the chickpeas in olive oil.
- Lay on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam the broccoli and cauliflower for 10 minutes and cook the quinoa according to the package. Let all items cool.
- Combine ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Layer the quinoa on the bottom, top with broccoli, cauliflower, kale and roasted chickpeas.
- Drizzle the dressing over the bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: Cook and prep all ingredients ahead of time. If making for lunches, layer in a container the night before.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 395 calories, 17 g fat, 15 g protein, 52 g carbohydrate (42 g available carbohydrate), 10 g fibre, 139 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 grains and starch, 1 protein, 3 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy