Makes 4 servings (1¼ cups per serving)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups thinly sliced stemmed kale
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, raw
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne (optional)
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat chickpeas dry with paper towels, then then toss with olive oil in a medium bowl until evenly coated. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until slightly crispy, about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together tahini, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, turmeric, coriander, salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Divide quinoa between 4 serving bowls. Top with broccoli and cauliflower, dividing equally, and sprinkle with roasted chickpeas.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: Cook and prep all ingredients ahead of time. If making for lunches, layer in a container the night before.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 395 calories, 17 g fat, 15 g protein, 52 g carbohydrate (42 g available carbohydrate), 10 g fibre, 139 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 grains, 1 protein, 3 vegetables, 1 fat