Makes 8 servings
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp. sage
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 cups potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Heat oven to 400 °F
- Heat oil in a large fry pan add onions, carrots and celery, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add all of the herbs, stir until fragrant.
- Pour in 1 cup of vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the lentils to the fry pan and allow to cook until the stock has thickened. ~10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining vegetable stock, garlic powder, salt and potatoes into a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce and allow to simmer until potatoes are very soft. Add water if necessary.
- Once potatoes are cooked, mash until smooth.
- In a large baking dish pour the lentil mixture into the bottom and spread until even.
- Sprinkle the frozen peas and corn over mixture. Then layer the mashed potatoes over top and spread until smooth.
- Cover with a sheet of tin foil and bake for 30 minutes,
- Remove the tin foil and broil for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 163 calories, 1 g fat, 7 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate (26 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 386 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 2 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy