Vegan Zucchini Brownies
Makes 20 servings (1 brownie per serving)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (do not squeeze moisture out)
- ¾ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together applesauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Mixture will be very dry.
- Fold in zucchini by hand. Set aside and allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and stir again. Batter should appear more wet. (if not, let it rest for 5 more minutes and stir again.)
- Spread brownie mixture in a lightly greased, parchment-paper lined 9 x 13 pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few small crumbs, about 25-35 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 156 calories, 6 g fat, 3 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate (22 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 187 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.