Makes 4 servings (1 quesadilla per serving)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ¾ cup black beans
- ¼ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 4 large flour tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onions and peppers, and cook until slightly softened, about 4 – 6 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn, cumin, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. If needed, add 1 – 2 tsp water if mixture is too dry.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice, stirring to combine.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over half of each tortilla, dividing equally. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, dividing equally. Fold quesadillas in half.
- Return fry pan to medium-low heat. Working in batches, cook quesadillas until lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 4 – 5 minutes per side side.
- Serve with avocado, salsa or sour cream, if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 294 calories, 11 g fat, 11 g protein, 37 g carbohydrate (31 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 298 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fat