Makes 4 servings (2 cups per serving)
- ~8 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, small chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. cracked pepper
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients (except olive oil) together in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking it in to the ingredients. Set aside until close to serving time.
- Before serving, pour the dressing into a small pot and heat to a simmer over medium heat.
- For the salad, split the spinach between four plates. Top each plate with red onion, orange bell pepper, egg and turkey bacon.
- Drizzle the warmed dressing over top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 210 calories, 14.4 g fat, 10.9 g protein, 8.2 g carbohydrate (5.9 g available carbohydrate), 2.3 g fibre, 386 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 1 protein, 3 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy