Makes 10 waffles (1 waffle per serving)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (with water squeezed out)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups water
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour (can substitute with gluten-free flour)
- 1¼ cups raw brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, oil, yogurt, egg whites, vanilla and water.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cook in a preheated greased waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions, using about ½ cup batter per waffle.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per waffle: 105 calories, 2 g fat, 5 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, (17 g available carbohydrate) 2 g fibre, 247 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein