Makes 6 servings (2 enchiladas per serving)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 ½ cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 can black beans, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Heat oil in a pan and add turkey. Once halfway cooked, add onions, peppers and garlic.
- Once the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables begin to soften, add the cumin, chili powder and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of enchilada sauce, black beans and corn and remove from heat.
- Use a Y peeler, or a mandolin and slice long strips of zucchini as thin as you can.
- Layer three zucchini slices to overlap slightly and add ¼ cup of turkey filling, roll the zucchini and place into a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the zucchini rolls and sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with Greek yogurt, or sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 297 calories, 11 g fat, 31 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (16 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 502 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy