Zucchini and Turkey Enchiladas
Makes 6 servings (2 enchiladas per serving)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1½ cups red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 can (540 mL) no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add turkey and cook, stirring, until almost cooked through, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until turkey is thoroughly cooked and vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder and oregano and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup enchilada sauce, black beans and corn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a Y peeler or a mandolin, slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
- Lay three zucchini slices on a flat surface, overlapping slightly. Add ¼ cup turkey filling and gently roll up zucchini to enclose filling. Transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and turkey filling.
- Spread remaining ½ cup enchilada sauce over zucchini rolls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes. Garnish with Greek yogurt or sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 297 calories, 11 g fat, 31 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (16 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 502 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat