Zucchini Chickpea Fritters
Makes 4 servings (2 fritters per serving)
- 1¾ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse chickpeas in a food processor until almost smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, onion, hemp hearts, bread crumbs, basil, garlic powder, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and add to chickpea mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Portion mixture into 8 patties and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned and heated through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 284 calories, 10 g fat, 15 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (26 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 237 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable