Makes 4 servings (2 fritters per serving)
- 1¾ cup chickpeas
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse chickpeas in a food processor until smooth. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Add grated zucchini, red onion, hemp hearts, bread crumbs, basil, garlic powder, and lemon zest.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl, then add to chickpea mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Form the batter into fritter shapes and bake for 10 minutes, each side. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 284 calories, 9.7 g fat, 14.9 g protein, 34.0 g carbohydrate (25.6 g available carbohydrate), 8.4 g fibre, 237 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy