Makes 8 servings
- 32 dumpling wrappers
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped small
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp. red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Place cabbage into a large bowl and mix with salt. Let the cabbage sit in the salt for 10 minutes so that cabbage can soften slightly.
- Combine mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, onion, peppers, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil into a large bowl and mix well.
- Place two to three wrappers out at a time on a dry surface. Spoon in 1 ½ tsp. of filling into the center of the wrapper and wet the edges with water.
- Fold into a half moon shape and pinch the edges.
- Bring 1” of water to a simmer and place the dumplings into a steamer, being sure the dumplings do not touch.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from the steamer.
- Serve with a dip and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 155 calories, 2 g fat, 5 g protein, 29 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 458 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 2 grains and starch, 0 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy