Makes 8 servings
- ½ cup finely sliced cabbage
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 32 dumpling wrappers
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage and salt, tossing to coat. Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes to allow cabbage to soften.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, green onions, peppers, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon 2 tsp filling into the center of 1 dumpling wrapper. Brush border lightly with water.
- Fold in half to enclose filling and pinch edges to seal shut. Repeat with remaining filling and dumpling wrappers.
- To steam dumplings, bring 1 – 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place dumplings in a single layer in a steamer basket, making sure dumplings do not touch. Set basket over boiling water, ensuring the basket does not touch water. Cover and steam until dumplings are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 155 calories, 2 g fat, 5 g protein, 29 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 458 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 2 grains, 1 vegetable