Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup barley, dry
- 1 ½ cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, cooking for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the barley and mix well. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Cook until barley is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 99 calories, 2.7 g fat, 3.4 g protein, 16.8 g carbohydrate (13.4 g available carbohydrate), 3.4 g fibre, 134 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 0 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy