Caprese Roasted Asparagus
Serves 4 (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 4 cups asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place tomatoes on one side of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook in preheated oven until tomatoes are softened and slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Place asparagus on the other side of the baking sheet. Return to oven and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add basil to the tomato mixture.
- Top asparagus with tomato mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 60 calories, 1 g fat, 4 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 153 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 vegetables