Serves 4 (1 waffle and 1 piece of chicken)
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
Waffles (makes 4 medium waffles)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. honey
- Drizzle of canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place the chicken breasts in plastic bags or between pieces of saran wrap. Lightly pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat hammer until approximately ¾”- 1” thick.
- Combine flour with salt and pepper in a small-medium bowl.
- Combine egg with yogurt in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Place corn flakes in a sealed plastic bag. Crush the corn flakes into smaller pieces, and place into a third bowl.
- Cover each chicken piece in the flour mixture, followed with a dip in the egg mixture, and finally coat with corn flakes.
- Put 1 Tbsp. of canola oil onto a baking tray covered in tin foil. Place the chicken on the baking sheet, then drizzle the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil on top of the chickens. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, turn on waffle iron. Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, vanilla extract, eggs and honey.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.
- Drizzle canola oil onto waffle iron and cook the waffles according to waffle iron instructions, until done.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 528 calories, 17 g fat, 43 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate (47 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 863 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 3 grains and starch, 5 proteins, 0 vegetables, 0 fruit, 2 fat, 0 dairy