Serves 6 (1/2 cup per serving)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb/454 g), diced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (0%)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can (398 mL) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl combine chicken with yogurt, garlic, ginger, onion, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and lime juice. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add diced tomatoes. Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Add cream and cook until heated through and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 196 calories, 6 g fat, 27 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate (5 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 77 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 4 proteins