Makes 12 servings (3 energy bites per serving)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (see note)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1¼ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup peanut butter, or alternative nut/seed butter
- Add dried cranberries, chocolate chips and maple syrup to food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add chickpeas and process until smooth.
- Add rolled oats and peanut butter. Continue blending until you get a dough-like consistency.
- Roll into 1 tbsp balls. Refrigerate or freeze leftover energy bites in a sealed container.
Note: Other dried fruits will work in this recipe as well. Raisins, dates or apricots will work best.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 202 calories, 10 g fat, 7 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate (20 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 4 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains, 1 protein, 1 fat