Crab and Cauliflower Cakes
Makes 3 servings (2 crab cakes per serving)
- 1 can (170 g) chunk crab meat, drained
- ½ cup cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp minced red pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the cauliflower until tender, about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and place in a large bowl. Coarsely mash the cauliflower with a fork. Add remaining ingredients except the canola oil and mix well.
- Form the crab mixture into patties, using about 1/4 cup per patty.
- Transfer crab patties to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper then drizzle the canola oil over the cakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip crab cakes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 116 calories, 5 g fat, 8 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate (8 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 protein, 1 fat