Creamy Beef Noodle Soup
Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 10 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1 ½ lb. lean stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (8 oz.) containers mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can (284 mL) condensed low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10 oz (285 g) egg noodles, dry
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Place the stew meat, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, onion, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper and salt in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Around 30 minutes before the slow cooker is done, cook egg noodles in a large pot according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Add noodles and Greek yogurt to slow cooker and stir to combine. Turn off slow cooker and add parsley to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 274 calories, 5 g fat, 27 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 352 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains, 3 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat