Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 10 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1 ½ lbs. lean stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (8 oz.) containers mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10 oz. egg noodles, dry
- 1 cup plain, 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- Place the stew meat, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, onion, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper and salt in the slow cooker and mix.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Around 30 minutes before the slow cooker is done, cook egg noodles in a large pot according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Add noodles to the slow cooker along with the Greek yogurt, stir to combine and turn off slow cooker. To serve, garnish with the parsley.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 274 calories, 4.9 g fat, 27.3 g protein, 27.8 g carbohydrate (25.1 g available carbohydrate), 2.7 g fibre, 352 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 3 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy